Speedway Upper Control Arms

Status
Not open for further replies.

383S10

Master Mechanic
Mar 16, 2008
Toney, AL
If I remember correctly you need 2 rights so that the geometry will align the front end properly....left and right are not the same originally but for alignment the 2 8" rights is the proper combo..........

racing8up

Greasemonkey
Feb 2, 2010
i have run them for over six years now and have had them break before bending and u have to hit them super hard to do that iv also been running them on my street car for about as long with no problems SO GO FOR IT GET YA A PAIR !!! 8) 8)

79loserbluebu

G-Body Guru
May 9, 2009
Illinois
Good call on the 90° grease fittings. Anyone using this at the drag strip? I'm wondering if I need to think about welding a bumpstop bracket on the arms if the car can get any air under the front tires...

kustomss

Greasemonkey
Feb 20, 2010
I was looking at pics of these and I'm worried about the welds where the ball joint mounting plate meets the tube. If that breaks on the highway, bad things are going to happen really quick. Plus, on dirt, the tires glide over the dirt but on pavement, the tires are going to hook and put a lot of stress onthe arms.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
no need to be worried about the welds..here's our car after hitting the inside wall with a little bit of help at
80+ mph and the upper was bent but not broken..

Attachments

• Jake Ott Ccrash.jpg
    Jake Ott Ccrash.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 2,402

454cutlass

Master Mechanic
Sep 1, 2009
mass
looks like that hurt.

pontiacgp said:
no need to be worried about the welds..here's our car after hitting the inside wall with a little bit of help at
80+ mph and the upper was bent but not broken..

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
it hurt the car but not the driver, 5 point belts and the hans devise works well. We had to cut out the clip and had a new one welded in on a jig, repair the front sheet metal and bumper, repair the rear and had the car back out the next Friday turning the same laps as before the tweaking incident..

but back on the subject those uppers take more of beating than the OEM uppers...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor