1983 Hurst Olds Revel Model coming soon

Status
Not open for further replies.

darthvaderolds

Apprentice
Dec 28, 2008
Chicagoland
On Oct 11th , Revel is coming to my house to take pictures and take measurements of my 1983 Hurst Olds to use to make the Revel Model. So finally we will see a G Body OLDS model !! Even cooler they are making the model from my 1983 H/O
I talked with Ed and told him he should make the model be in a 3 in 1 model, and include stripes for a gbody 442,84 Hurst Olds stripes, and FE3-X maybe, we'll see.
I will let you know all know more details on an expected release date.
Angelo

darthvaderolds

Apprentice
Dec 28, 2008
Chicagoland
Well Ed came over this morning and took pictures and measurement's off the 83 Hurst Olds. Going to meet him NEXT monday at the Corvette shop across the street to get the car on the lift and do undercarriage pics. We talked awhile afterwards before he left and he explained the process, once all the test shots etc, are done , everything is sent over to china and they have them mock one up, pics get sent back , Revell goes oover them , sends back what to change , improve on etc, and then in about a year you get the release date of model.
He said we'll see a 2 in 1 model kit, as in a 1983- 1984 Hurst Olds, and another model kit, a 1980's 442 and low rider kit, and he is coming back at a later date to take measurements , pictures of the Oldsmobile FE3-X concept car Revell model kit, may be part of the G Body Hurst kit, so you can make the Hurst or FE3-X cars.
Really interesting to see the beginning process, and he said I was welcome to see the next process to see how they go to making the final model cars.
I will release details as soon as Ed gives them to me, but right now your looking at about a year out he said.

BTW, does anyone have any detailed drawings/schematics of the 307 motor, Ed will need these for the model kit, or can give him access to a 307 motor out of a car for detailed pics he needs for the model, looking for someone in Chicago-land area to get pics since he is located in the Elk Grove in Illinois. Get back to me and let me know

Thanks
Angelo

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor