1984 Buick Grand National coming back to life!

Status
Not open for further replies.

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
Would that bushing remover work with the stock stamped steel control arms and stuff? Just curious, it seems the control arms would not be strong enough to use that tool, like the cast housing is.

tobyp

Royal Smart Person
Jun 12, 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio
you know, not sure. I have many extras. Maybe ill try.

L.A.X-RATED

Royal Smart Person
Aug 25, 2010
liquidh8 said:
Would that bushing remover work with the stock stamped steel control arms and stuff? Just curious, it seems the control arms would not be strong enough to use that tool, like the cast housing is.
yes it will work!!! ive used it a couple times on removing/installing bushings on the stock control arms :wink:

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
Good to know! I usually take the arm into the shop, and use the press, or a vise, or a red wrench (torch), or all of the above, lol. Oh, can't forget a BFH. :D :D

tobyp

Royal Smart Person
Jun 12, 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio
upper door trim installed on new upper door panels

Dutweiller hot air headers arrived...now these are as rare as the Holy Grail....huch worse than an 8.5 posi 3:73 or a mint console :D

New rubber put on some 16x8 GNX wheels.

quarter panels are nearing completion with teh block. Will see primer Friday

tobyp

Royal Smart Person
Jun 12, 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio
well the GN did not see primer this weekend. For some reason I started working on the steering column to decide to replace it. One thing led to another and I found myself with a rats nest under the column. I found most if not all the functions in the cluster not working so I tackled it because it bugged the sh*t out of me. I guess it needed to be done sooner or later. So at least the instrument panel and all the lights, lens, turbo boost gauge and rpm gauge have all been replaced, cleaned and updated. The steering column has been painted proper slate gray, new steering button collar and new steering wheel installed.

Installed the new turn signal stalk. Talk about a huge pain in the *ss fishing this wire down the column!

Got the 8.5 posi rear back from being setup with all new timken bearings and national seals new clutches, shims, etc. I also took some time to make the Moser girdle have a little signature standout. I cleared the entire rear end to make sure the aluminum cover as well as the paint is washable with high pressure.

And finally I got the quarters and teh weld lines, body lines and curve of the body where i wanted them, and they are now ready for paint. I cannot wait to put the rear end in with the new coil overs to let the car lower down finally on its new wheels and tires.

tobyp

Royal Smart Person
Jun 12, 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio
She is under primer!

and I dyed an instrument panel surround that was tan to the right slate grey color

tobyp

Royal Smart Person
Jun 12, 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio
yup, i have done all the painting, body work, welding, every last bit of it...except setting up the rear end and mounting the tires. I am even going to weigh and distribute the weight on the car through the coil overs.

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
Where did you get those brakelines for the rear or are they custom?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor