1984 Buick Grand National coming back to life!

Status
Not open for further replies.

YGspider

G-Body Guru
May 13, 2012
Ontario Canada Eh
Great work on your turbo regal! But I must ask as I have been away from the forum for a while. What happen to the 442?

tobyp

Royal Smart Person
Jun 12, 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio
442 sorry subject. It was painted....rushed wrongly. Not by me. This is the reason I have learned to do this on my own. THerefore I can do anything up to MY standards. The 442 is sitting over at a buddy's house waiting for me to get someone else to paint it right, or me to start on it again in the fall.

tobyp

Royal Smart Person
Jun 12, 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio
Finally starting some different stuff, dye the interior starts today

Using Gbodyparts.com paint which is specially made for him and the color match is good.

Following up with some SEM low sheen clear for protection of the dye. I only had to substitute a couple panels that I didnt have in Sand Gray.

and yes, the daughter is learning the trade!

excellent factory sheen using this type of system

tobyp

Royal Smart Person
Jun 12, 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio
Door panels put on this evening.

tobyp

Royal Smart Person
Jun 12, 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio
Back seats in, carpet is in front pass seat is in, sail panels are in...getting closer!

tobyp

Royal Smart Person
Jun 12, 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio
Refinished my console this evening and applied the custom applique to the center console. I decided to two tone the center console to accent the dual colors of the 84 GN stand out even more

And the other seat was installed

Blueboy84

Greasemonkey
Sep 25, 2010
Northern Kentucky
Love how the console turned out! Looks fantastic!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor