sunroof gasket

Status
Not open for further replies.

MidNight Rider

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 24, 2008
Texas
Does anybody know where i can get a new sunroof gasket? mine is so far gone i have to tarp the car off becasue the roof leaks. i have done used air on all the drain tubes but the gasket around the glass is crumbling apart. greatly appriciate the help!

78MC-BBC

Master Mechanic
Jan 29, 2008
i bought a brand new GM sunroof seal from the dealer, it is still available. it was around $100. there are a few different ones, if you have your build sheet that show the option code that can be looked up at the dealer.

i told them my sunroof was option code CA1 and they gave me the correct seal and was a perfect fit

MidNight Rider

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 24, 2008
Texas
sad, but i do not have the build sheet. could you possibly make a quick measurement of your window opening and shoot me them to me. and this is the seal that goes around the glass correct? thank you

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
The option code will also be on the Service Parts ID sticker under the original trunk lid, right next to the jacking instructions.

MidNight Rider

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 24, 2008
Texas
the car was involved in a rearend collision some time ago and the trunk lid was replaced and the sticker was not :cry: , i just want to make sure of the measurement before i drop $100 on a gasket that i have to return if it is the wrong size. i mean, it is a factory sunroof and i think GM did not make any various sizes of sunroofs. But you never know :roll:

78MC-BBC

Master Mechanic
Jan 29, 2008
the option code CA1 i listed was for the sunroof on a 78 monte carlo, also i replaced the entire sunroof assembly with one out of an 87 grand national and the CA1 option code seal worked on that one too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor