Hood question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuggy24g

G-Body Guru
Jul 10, 2008
Newtown PA
I have a 1986 El Camino and was looking for a new hood. I know this will need some work, but I love the Iroc Camero daytona/turbo hood and wanted to know what I would be looking at in order to get it to fit my el camino
s_286.jpg

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
Well, are you asking an opinion on style, or price? For style, that hood smacks of 80's Camaro-mullet culture and it will date the car's look. If that's your thing, no offense intended. Crank up the Van Halen and have fun. As for price, I would expect around $500. Just be sure it is a quality piece as many fiberglass hoods are poor fitting. The best hoods I have seen are from Cervani, but I do not think they make what you are looking for.

andrewmp6

Master Mechanic
Sep 9, 2007
You will have to buy a camaro hood like that cut out the center part and make it fit your hood.Then you gotta attach it and it won't look good for long fiberglass over metal never gets alone it will crack in the joints.But putting the center part on a fiberglass hood might work if you do it right.

TBRtat2

Greasemonkey
Aug 30, 2008
heres a link to a company that has just the scoop, But i am sure if you do some looking around, you should be able to find others who sell justthe scoop.
http://www.up22.com/scoopw3.htm

They also have a ton of other styles.

jrm81bu

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 9, 2008
Antwerp, OH
That is an old Baldwin-Motion hood. I have a parts catalog ogf the MotionGlass parts. They have hoods, body kits and widebody kits for alot of cars. I know i ordered the catalog of the internet a long time ago, but i can't seem to find a site for them now.

Tuggy24g

G-Body Guru
Jul 10, 2008
Newtown PA
dam man. The thing about g body El Caminos is that they only really made one type of hood and that is the crawl hood induction. Other then that there really was not anything else that was made for people who wanted a different hood that I know of.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor