Paint

Status
Not open for further replies.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I'm trying to find which company has the darkest metallic black sapphire paint. The met black sapphire on my GP is not as dark as other met black sapphires I have seen.It's supposed to be the GM black sapphire I gave my car a quick paint job last year and only used a single stage paint just to make the car look decent and I wasn't too sure about the color. I had painted my GP the week before with a midnite blue but I really didn't like that color so I repainted it with the black sapphire before I took it out of the shop. But seeing how a truck decided to back into the rear panel of my GP last week I figure I might as well give it a good 2 stage paint job and I want the blackest met black sapphire out there.

RedHotRegal

Master Mechanic
Mar 26, 2006
Ontario, Canada
Hello pontgp,
Take a look at VW's dark blue its not black but its pretty dark. With a little mettalic added it would look awesome. My regal is vw red and it looks great in the sun or overcast. Our mustang is going to be painted vw met. green or she really likes candy apple red but I think thats going to be expensive.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
hi red.....thanks for the imput....I was out last nite and saw a VW bug with the dark blue paint...it is dark but there was a BMW sitting beside it dressed in the black sapphire....The BMW color seemed to have more depth but perhaps the VW's paint was not well maintained..I saw a Caddy STS on the 401 the other day and it had a very dark blue metallic and looked darker than the GM black sapphire. The paint was immaculate on the Caddy so I think it was an aftermarket paint job but at 120 klicks I wasn't able to ask him about it...:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor