What did you buy for your G-body today? [2024]

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
Was bouncing between them and the 304 SS Hooker set vs. 409 SS. Both 2.5” and I don’t need the catalytic converters. And with this style muffler I can have it in the side pipe area in front of the wheel View attachment 239343
that 409 grade is a lesser grade of stainless,its what you find on some later model rides.the 304 grade is going to be more expensive but you get what you pay for.

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

DSPbuilt

G-Body Guru
Jan 7, 2016
Cape Coral, FL
Couple weeks ago I found a killer deal in Market Place for 3 Draglites. Two rear 15x10 and one front(which I can’t use because of the brembos).
He was not sure of the backspace but $150 I could not pass up the deal. Worst case I’ll polish them and resell for nice profit.
IMG_5669.jpeg

They seem to be about 6.5 or 6.25bs haven’t be able to get a good measurement because of the massive 29/10.5w that on it.

Still had to test fit them 😂
Surprisingly enough if they were the right BS they would fit nicely with work the quarter panel lip.
IMG_5746.jpeg

That being said I think I might be able to use them with the correct tire. These 10.5w are super wide. Almost 14” of section width.
IMG_5681.jpeg

A buddy wanted to try a different compound so he gave me his old tires. Still have some life but mostly gonna be used for mockup.
IMG_5831.jpeg

Hoping to swap them out this week and test fit again.

Reactions: 2 users

Ugly1

Royal Smart Person
Oct 26, 2021
Lost in the woods of NH
that 409 grade is a lesser grade of stainless,its what you find on some later model rides.the 304 grade is going to be more expensive but you get what you pay for.
Believe it or not, the 2.5”-304 SS Hookers are LESS! Scary I know. Could be that the cat’s up the price. PIPES has gone with California emissions as that is where they are out of and will not do a cat. delete unless you go 3”. I just don’t need that for what I have/ want.

Reactions: 1 users

UC645

Royal Smart Person
Apr 20, 2020
Kittanning, Pa
Bought a slightly expensive time limit:
C1535F88-DC39-4FA2-B31D-02ACAB0843F6.jpeg

If QP’s timeline for just the housing and axles are the same for a whole assembly, I’ll need to have this thing finished by August. Shouldn’t be too difficult.

Hopefully…..

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor