1979 Delco AM/FM Cassette Motor Speed

BlueCalais79

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 3, 2021
Does anyone know how to adjust the motor speed for the cassette player, my unit has the cassette player sounding a bit too high on the music. I guess there must be some kind of adjustment like the one that exists on the 8 track, thanks.

84cutlasssupreme

Apprentice
Nov 2, 2019
Does anyone know how to adjust the motor speed for the cassette player, my unit has the cassette player sounding a bit too high on the music. I guess there must be some kind of adjustment like the one that exists on the 8 track, thanks.
By too high, do you mean too fast or slow?

spongbob

Greasemonkey
Oct 1, 2022
Does anyone know how to adjust the motor speed for the cassette player, my unit has the cassette player sounding a bit too high on the music. I guess there must be some kind of adjustment like the one that exists on the 8 track, thanks
Usually there's a small hole at the back of the motor that's covered with rubber. You can stick a screwdriver in there (you could short the motor though) and carefully turn it. It should increase or decrease the speed. On some deck's there is a potentiometer on the PCB though. Or on ebay they have these little motor control circuits like in picture I see a little opening on the end of delco motor I think you pri the plug out an there's a tiny pot in side to adjust it

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240516-132421_Firefox.jpg
    Screenshot_20240516-132421_Firefox.jpg
    244.4 KB · Views: 13
  • Screenshot_20240516-134403_Firefox.jpg
    Screenshot_20240516-134403_Firefox.jpg
    309.4 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor