1050 dominator or 1000hp 4150

Status
Not open for further replies.

jharm05

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 2, 2013
Glen Burnie, MD
I am currently trying to debate on whether to purchase a 1050 dominator, or a 1000hp carb for my 468 bbc. Just trying to get some feedback on which is the best direction to go. This is for a 468 bbc im swapping into my 88 Monte Carlo. Its going to be about 80% strip, 20% street heres some specs of the engine:

454 .60 over
brodix rr 294 heades
11.5 diamond pistons
.725 solid lift cam
4.10 gears
4500 stall
car weighs 3600lbs
foot brake

bbcolds

Apprentice
Nov 1, 2009
Malin OR
Had the same decision when I first put my Cutlass together. Went with a Pro Systems Dominator and never looked back. Been a 100% trouble free carb on the original 489 and the current 557. Easier to upgrade if the engine program gets bigger. Not to mention the wow factor.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I ran a standard Holley 1050 Dominator on my 496 BBC years ago and I use 3 circuit carbs for more drive ability since I street drive mine.
My current carb on my 565BBC is a Quickfuel 1150 which I bought direct and is custom tailored for my application for the same price I could order a universal one from Summit Racing.
And if you get a higher end Dominator there are infinite amount of adjustments that can be made from emulsion and idle circuits, air bleeds and adjustable secondary linkages etc.
And yes they are also impressive when you open the hood.

jharm05

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 2, 2013
Glen Burnie, MD
ive decided to go with the dominator myself after doing some research and just asking around. Most people have told me once i get the dominator i wont wanna go any other way, so dominator it is!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor