1981 chevy impalla 2 door ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That would be a B body. It shares many similarities to a G body, but it is a larger car in every dimension. The two door version of them is quite rare as most were 4 doors or wagons. Engine options are similar to or the same as a G body.

I had a '80 caprice 2 door,it was clean in and out, paid 2000 for it...woke up to go to work one morning and it was gone, police found it a week later in a field sitting on the frame with the trunk pryed open by a crowbar, woodgrain wheel snapped in half, battery and carb gone, stereo equip. gone, interior was all torn up and laying in the back seat, i just about cried...guy at the wrecker service gave me a week to pick it up but never did, it was the only 2 door i have ever seen around here, and of course the cops never found out who did it, not that they tried or anything :x

yeah I have 86 caprice and even with 3 73s its still needs more power to move with authority . im all for kickass conversions of one sort or another but without ripping half the car out to make it lighter or putting a 700 horse gn motor in it, it just makes sense to stay v8. But in the end its your happiness and money! I run flowmaster 40s and a 3 inch exhaust so i cant imagine a caprice with a v6 sound lol.

A good friend inherited a '77 Impala that had a 250-6 in it. That engine isn't even listed in most books but since his dad bought it new I know it's legit. Even after a rebuild with a cam, header and dual carbs it was still a slug...quite a bit louder, though.
And yes, it is a B-body. Very little is interchangeable.

I like these cars, had a high school buddy that had one with a mild SBC. I think a good built 400hp GN motor would be just fine in one of these cars. It would definitely be awesome! I wouldn't suggest just throwing in a completely stock GN setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor