1983 El Camino doors

Status
Not open for further replies.

O. D. Showtime

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 6, 2009
Regina Sask. Canada
patmckinneyracing said:
Also don't forget that you can get the same doors for your el camino from any el camino or malibu from 1978-1986. They all had interchangeable doors so look around at other year models, if you haven't already. Look on ebay too, I saw one up there that had a buy it now of $275 but you have to arrange shipping. Where are you living at? And what's wrong with the doors on your el camino?

Another option would be the Pontiac LeMans 2dr doors, they are the same as Malibu El Camino. Just remember you would have to change out the glass if using Malibu or LeMans doors.

Looks like a decent Elky.

SLICK79WGN

G-Body Guru
Nov 6, 2008
LaPorte,Tx
holy crap a laportian lol need some help hit me up I just live in fairmont park. Anyway I have hit all the pick a pulls around houston with no luck on g bodies but havent tried all the ones up and down spencer might give it a look

DJLATIN

Apprentice
Mar 1, 2009
La Porte, TX
i've seen your station wagon off of spencer at that house near the intersection of that subdivision. you have an s-10 also, right? pass by there on my way to work in la porte. clean little wagon.

DJLATIN

Apprentice
Mar 1, 2009
La Porte, TX
joe_padavano said:
DJLATIN said:
The owner of this camino which i'm debating on buying let it sit for several years and somehow the whole bottom of the doors are rotted out.

"Somehow"??? It would be surprising if they weren't rotted out. Repro doors have just now become available (after years of promises). Check the usual sources. They aren't cheap.
i'm not that familiar with these vehicles. closest thing i've owned is my '78 malibu which has decent doors on it. I've owned over 20 regals and a couple GN's.

2uxz7f5.jpg

2j43vwi.jpg

dxnwh4.jpg

6ymdr6.jpg

n1csi9.jpg

SLICK79WGN

G-Body Guru
Nov 6, 2008
LaPorte,Tx
yep thats my house I just finished painting my s-10 to sell fully shaved dropped with new motor and custom interior just finished it when my wife had our daughter so I needed something bigger lol

I think I have seen your 51 on the road is it black and sits up real high ?

DJLATIN

Apprentice
Mar 1, 2009
La Porte, TX
nope, my 51 styleline is in pieces right now, doing a full restoration to it and will be done back to stock other than the engine which will be a 69 283.

DJLATIN

Apprentice
Mar 1, 2009
La Porte, TX
going to pass on that el camino though, don't like dealing with rust issues. thanks for the help though people.

DJLATIN

Apprentice
Mar 1, 2009
La Porte, TX
SLICK79WGN said:
yep thats my house I just finished painting my s-10 to sell fully shaved dropped with new motor and custom interior just finished it when my wife had our daughter so I needed something bigger lol

I think I have seen your 51 on the road is it black and sits up real high ?
Sounds nice.

SLICK79WGN

G-Body Guru
Nov 6, 2008
LaPorte,Tx
yea to bad I have to sell it :( been building on it for the last 6 yrs

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor