1984 cutlass supreme header panel

Status
Not open for further replies.

dougwoods7

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 7, 2006
Bastrop LA.
Hi. I have a question about changing the header panel on my 1984 cutlass to a 1987 cutlass. I know the will bolt right up. I just cant figure uot the headlamp wiring. The wires that go to the headlamps are different on composite lights compared to regular halogen 3 prong plugs. I have the plug ins for the composite lights. Witch wires do I need to hook up? Please help. And another question, I have an opportunity to buy a 1973 350 olds with a 400 trans. for about $200. Would that be better than my factory 307 with a olds/buick 350 transmission? About how much power can I expect to have. I am only going to freshen it up abit, add intake, cam, and aftermaket carb. Thanks.

Chevyman85

G-Body Guru
Oct 25, 2006
Bonney Lake, WA
Thats a great deal on the 350/TH-400! You could turn around and sell the 400 for what you paid for the both of them. I'd be all over that! As for power it depends. What is the 350 out of? It most likley wont be anything too special but it should have more power than your 305. TH-400's are a heavy duty tranmission and will rob more power off of a motor than a well equiped TH-350. It would be over kill to run a 400 unless your making some serious power, 450+ HP.

dougwoods7

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 7, 2006
Bastrop LA.
I believe the guy said it was out of a 1973 or 1972 olds wagon. He said he had put it in a diesel chevy truck and some how it lost oil pressure but still made it home. He didn't mention anything about knocking or anything. He said he believes the oil pressure sending unit went bad. I think that is possible because mine went out in my 307. What do you think? Any info about the wiring of the headlamps?. Can you performance build a 400 transmission? I kindp of want durability.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor