2009 Camaro Concept

Status
Not open for further replies.
*Drool*

I wonder if they'll bring back the firebird on the same platform? It'd be a shame if they didn't. Unfortunately (like the GTO) they'll probably price this out of the range of the average Mustang or Dodge LX(Charger/Magnum/ChallengeR) buyer....

The Camaro's supposed to be a cheap, fun, car... We'll see I guess. Given GM's recent track record on execution I don't know if they can do it.

GP403 said:
*Drool*

I wonder if they'll bring back the firebird on the same platform? It'd be a shame if they didn't. Unfortunately (like the GTO) they'll probably price this out of the range of the average Mustang or Dodge LX(Charger/Magnum/ChallengeR) buyer....

The Camaro's supposed to be a cheap, fun, car... We'll see I guess. Given GM's recent track record on execution I don't know if they can do it.

There most likely won't be a new Firebird, that's what the new GTO is for now. Hopefully they won't screw up the pricing on this one and make it overly-expensive. It needs to be around the same price as the Mustang.

oh dont worry, leave it to GM to screw this up too. it wont be priced any more competatively than the old camaro was. ford will mop the floor with GM once again.

even the dodge magnum would be worth buying over the camaro.

2009? when pigs fly. it'll be overpriced, overweight and too late as far as im concerned. ford and dodge has made more of an effort to reel in customers with their vehicles by coming up with fresh stock regularly, GM at this point is just following their lead and IMO, that is just shameful.

GM eventually will go under, and it will be their fault. they're slow to react to the markets, they dont give customers what they really want and they dont give it to them with reasonable pricetags.

i want a RWD car that isnt a pony or sports car and unfortunately GM isnt able to do that, dodge can at least with the mangum and the charger (the charger is at least a 4 door so insurance would be cheaper as a result)

G_Body_Enthusiast said:
oh dont worry, leave it to GM to screw this up too. it wont be priced any more competatively than the old camaro was. ford will mop the floor with GM once again.

even the dodge magnum would be worth buying over the camaro.

2009? when pigs fly. it'll be overpriced, overweight and too late as far as im concerned. ford and dodge has made more of an effort to reel in customers with their vehicles by coming up with fresh stock regularly, GM at this point is just following their lead and IMO, that is just shameful.

GM eventually will go under, and it will be their fault. they're slow to react to the markets, they dont give customers what they really want and they dont give it to them with reasonable pricetags.

i want a RWD car that isnt a pony or sports car and unfortunately GM isnt able to do that, dodge can at least with the mangum and the charger (the charger is at least a 4 door so insurance would be cheaper as a result)

Why do you think all of this? The company's overall quality in product is way better then it was even two years ago and the prices have been lowered. So what makes you think that it will be "overpriced and overweight"?

I'd like to have either of the performance cadillacs out now. The CTS-V and the STS-V. Especially the STS-V, but those are both way above what you'd want to pay for a mustang or camaro. I don't have to worry about that though, I don't have any money.

i agree with g body enthusist. i just think that that car when it finally comes out will have changed alot, and will be overpriced. i say this because most car manufacturers want their cars to all have the same kind of look. ex GTO, Pontiac didnt want anything retro because it didnt fit the line up. anyways, it looks cool i guess but i think it needs some more fine tuning, that front scoop above the grille looks like sh*t, pretty sure every single wheel on pontiac's line looks like that, and i think the rear doesnt suit the sleekness of a camaro. body lines need defining. to me it kind of looks like a toy car. something looks out of proportion maybe. and they shouldnt try to do a retro 1st gen style. a early 2nd gen retro would be badass. but i guess 1st gen is the "iconic" camaro, just the same as the retro mustang thing. if chevy wants to give ford a real run i think they should do something more unexpected. kind of a rant out of me i guess, but u cant please em all

silvermulti1vn.jpg

multi3zk.jpg

camaromontage20as.jpg

camaroconblack.jpg

5thgendarkbluewhitestripes.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor