2011 Caprice 6.0 6 speed RWD!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

86_olds

G-Body Guru
Jul 26, 2009
so cal
damm like for real hopefully they do follow thru but its gonna take a while for the lapd to use that car heck there still using crown vics and i heard the contract with them was already over

G_Body_Enthusiast

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Feb 28, 2005
Louisville, kentucky
dickbags! not releasing it to the public. well release some kind of version of this car to the public then!

axisg

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 17, 2007
YYZ
I don't like being the one to burst your bubble but that vid is from October 2009. GM has since re-structured the company with Gov't funds and killed the deal to re-introduce the Zeta V8 RWD platform ( G8, Caprice, GTO, ect... ).

88Classic

Apprentice
Jan 9, 2011
Lansing, IL
I went to the Chicago auto show and seen this thing there yesterday. They had one outfitted as a fully dressed cruiser and an "undercover" all black one....looked bad *ss. They are gonna release it for police duty....that blacked out one looked sick. Would be nice to get one of them somehow.

V8 Rumble

Royal Smart Person
Jan 7, 2010
Connecticut

V8 Rumble

Royal Smart Person
Jan 7, 2010
Connecticut
axisg said:
I don't like being the one to burst your bubble but that vid is from October 2009. GM has since re-structured the company with Gov't funds and killed the deal to re-introduce the Zeta V8 RWD platform ( G8, Caprice, GTO, ect... ).

GM is currently taking orders on these cruisers

http://www.chevroletcapriceppv.com/#home

axisg

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 17, 2007
YYZ
Wow that would be great. I know they have been flogging the Police Version for a couple of years on the Auto Show Circuit and to the individual police forces but that's a specialized division within GM. Reading on the Impala boards I was under the impression everything was on-hold until the Impala ends it's current run in 2013-2014.

I really hope to see it. I wanted a G8 when the lease was up on wifeys Impala last spring but we couldn't get one in my price range ( so I kept the Imp ).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor