2019 Challenger Widebooty HellKitty (she's giving me the meatsweats...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Man do I ever love having next day delivery again.

IMG_20200630_122944.jpg

Look Mom, non-dribbling check valves!

IMG_20200630_123039.jpg

I just realized I could wire this into the horn relay. LOL. Press honk and wiper motor sprayer to initiate.

Hoooooooooooonk! Whiiiiiiiirrrrrrr!

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
LOL - will they threaten to take away my birthday?

As I posted above, the system needs to be tuned to achieve balance to avoid saturation and avoid becoming inefficient (ie. dripping).

You get the meatball flag and your race is over. It's happened to me a couple times. :doh:

• Haha

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
All done. I'll see if it does anything of significance later this week.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Reactions: 2 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
It is the stock windshield washer tank and pump. Right side front of the engine bay.

So the supply is that tank, but it's y'd off and has its own pump? I'm at least thinking ice water, but then again washer juice is half alcohol right?

12 minutes of blower whine.

The Hellcat catches a widebody Redeye around the 7 minute mark.

This dude is meh, but he does reinforce my point about hitting a road course. It's the most fun you can have with your pants on and it lasts for a good 20+ minutes. Until you do it yourself, you cannot comprehend how much skill is a factor. I know Pontiacgp gets it and there are likely others here too that do. Until you get your *ss handed to you by an inferior car or you get smoked on a straight by an identical car it won't make sense. Luckily when I was in training, I gave very few point bus.

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
So the supply is that tank, but it's y'd off and has its own pump? I'm at least thinking ice water, but then again washer juice is half alcohol right?

This dude is meh, but he does reinforce my point about hitting a road course. It's the most fun you can have with your pants on and it lasts for a good 20+ minutes. Until you do it yourself, you cannot comprehend how much skill is a factor. I know Pontiacgp gets it and there are likely others here too that do. Until you get your *ss handed to you by an inferior car or you get smoked on a straight by an identical car it won't make sense. Luckily when I was in training, I gave very few point bus.

Nope, using stock washer pump too. Just pull a fuse for the wipers and activate the pissers like normal. I can always try a mix of ice water too, but the juice may not be worth the squeeze. And for how well atomized the washer fluid I was testing with was... and how much vapor ended up in the air (and in my lungs) from a short test in a bucket I will abstain from using alcohol due to the flammability.

No question that road racing is a trip. But, I'll stick to autocross.

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
Nope, using stock washer pump too. Just pull a fuse for the wipers and activate the pissers like normal. I can always try a mix of ice water too, but the juice may not be worth the squeeze. And for how well atomized the washer fluid I was testing with was... and how much vapor ended up in the air (and in my lungs) from a short test in a bucket I will abstain from using alcohol due to the flammability.

No question that road racing is a trip. But, I'll stick to autocross.

Didn't realize you autox'd, that's good. I did it once last year in the Camaro 1: to spread the NASA gospel and 2: find weaknesses in the car in a new environment. I intend to return this year with my improvements to make a better name for myself. The Auburn diff hurt on the road course and murdered (me) in the autox.

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan

1 RARE T

Master Mechanic
Jul 14, 2015
SRT Power Chiller™ — This innovative, award-winning feature comes standard on both the Challenger SRT Super Stock and SRT Hellcat Redeye, diverts the air-conditioning refrigerant from the interior cabin to a chiller unit mounted by the low-temperature circuit coolant pump. Charged air coolant, after being cooled by ambient air passing through a low-temperature radiator at the front of the vehicle, flows through the chiller unit, where it is further cooled. The chilled coolant then flows to the heat exchangers in the supercharger. By lowering the intake air temperature further, the results equal an improvement in performance

That's cool as hell.

Remember when 400 hp was really something? ;)

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor