3.8 to 307 swap

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 21, 2014
I have a 1986 Cutlass with the original very very high mileage and knocking 3.8L. The car does not have the original 3 speed automatic. Now it has a 4 speed with overdriver. (99% sure it's the 200r4 .. I'm seriously looking at buying a 1984 Oldsmobile 307. Is there much involved ? Any help is greatly appreciated.. I will post updates as I go.

gbodyman1970

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 9, 2010
gonna change the frame mounts from 3.8 buick to the olds v8 mounts,engine harness,a/c condensor,compressor and lines (if you want a/c) and you will have to route your fuel lines from the driver side (v6 ) over to the pass side for the olds fuel pump is on the pass side and if you run the computer take the v8 computer harness as well, but all in all its a pretty easy conversion

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor