$35 for 85 fuel injected tank good?

Status
Not open for further replies.

garyl24

Apprentice
Jan 15, 2009
southern illinois
i found a 85 monte with a fuel injected 4.3 at a local yard and the price is $35 for the tank. is this a good deal? i eventualy want to go with a tpi setup on my cutlass and am curious on the price

85montemj

Greasemonkey
Nov 4, 2009
i bought tank for my 85 monte new and it was about $140. i would say $35 is good

dogsht

Royal Smart Person
Nov 11, 2008
Dayton, OH
Hell yes. Some might even pay that just for the in tank hanger, wireing, and even to a lesser degree fuel control bucket regardless of the condition of the tank. It makes for a drop in setup for doing an in-tank setup (like a new Vett) which is a dramatic improvement and cost/time/work savings compared to a cell or sump and out of tank gravity fed electric dongerously hanging below your rear bumper/tank regardless of whether or not you are using fuel injection. (I upgraded to an in-tank electric in my carberated 442.) The $140 for a new tank is also a deal imo but most will also need an in tank hanger etc.

86Cutlass383SR

G-Body Guru
Apr 1, 2009
Sesser, IL
JUMP ON THAT SUCKER !!!

As dogshit said, I paid more for that than I did for the fuel level assembly. I ended up buying a 4.3 Monte tank and a seperate Cutlass filler neck. I was told the Monte filler neck is differant than a Cutlass.

dogsht

Royal Smart Person
Nov 11, 2008
Dayton, OH
All I know is that I put a GN tank in my Cutlass without messing with the filler neck. Its just slid right in although the filler neck may have sat a little different than the Cutlass neck but regardless it all fit behind the plate with no problems.

85montemj

Greasemonkey
Nov 4, 2009
i bought a replacement from advance auto. the original straps barely made it around and i had to bend the neck back for it to fit properly. a used tank is probably the way to go as long as the seam is sealed well

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor