400 transmission HEEELLLPP

Status
Not open for further replies.

WASTEDTALENT

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 1, 2010
okay so i dropped in a 455 paired with a 400 into my buddies 82 cutlass. i never took engine or transmission apart i was told everything worked perfect blah blah blah, well i get it fired up and go to drive it well the car moves very slow and the engine has to be extremely revved up, the electric solenoid on the side is not plugged in could that be causing this? the car had that connection chopped off and i do not know what the solenoids function is any help would help and yeas transmission has plenty of oil and wont move well in any gear. any help is appreciated

nycutlass

G-Body Guru
Jul 29, 2008
NY
the side solenid is for the kick down (passing gear,can be hooked up later ).as for moving slow sounds like the transmission is slipping

WASTEDTALENT

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 1, 2010
nycutlass said:
the side solenid is for the kick down (passing gear,can be hooked up later ).as for moving slow sounds like the transmission is slipping

yeah i was thinking the torque converter was shot, well ill have him bring a trailer and drag his peice home, he told me to drop in the swap saying it was perfect so i did my part not my deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor