6a vs 7a

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Yes, the intake ports are identical. The exhaust ports are a different shape but manifolds should still bolt on and seal. I believe they are similar to the 5A heads vs the smaller round ports.

Bulletproof937x

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 27, 2019
Salem IN
Thanks for the info. My car has the 6a heads but my intake is cracked. I found one for 7a heads close to me, I just didn't want to waste my time.

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Intake fitment is the same regardless of heads. What you need to pay attention to are the emissions doo-dads. All small block Olds intakes from 67 and up intechange.
They do bolt on but 260 #10, 2A and 307 6A and 7A heads have tiny ports in different spots. The 260 have the ports near the top, the 307 in the middle. I actually think the 260 ports are in a better spot. Wow, I think that is a first, the 260 isn't better compared to anything.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor