78 Cutlass Supreme

Status
Not open for further replies.

pontiac6269

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 3, 2008
Sparta, Wisconsin
I picked this up back in November. This car was bought for $500 back in the fall of 1988 from a friends dad. Two of my older brothers helped fix it up, one built the engine trans the other did body and paint. This was a 305 4 barrel w/a metric 200 trans, we put a 350 w/ turbo 350, true dual exhaust witch my brother bent up t he pipes for where he worked. Had it painted black and silver like a Hurst/Olds. I sold the car to another friend in September of 89 and bought a 69 GTO that I still have. My friend put headers, performer intake, roller tip rockers, limited slip rear with 2.73 gears. Had a new headliner and carpet installed. My friend traded it to one of my brothers for a 74 Camaro. My brother had the seats redone and kept the car for a year before selling it to a local veterinarian who gave it to one of his sons. The son drove it up until he went to college in 2000. The car sat out in there yard since then. The father stopped by one Sunday and asked if I wanted it, said they were moving in the spring and wanted out of the yard. Couldn't go wrong for the price. I was able to turn the engine over by hand,some of the wiring has been chewed up by critters and it was a home for mice, so interior needs to be stripped and cleaned. Rust has formed where the body was repaired when I had it. Don't plan on doing anything to it until spring. Car is still sitting on my trailer where these pictures were taken.

Eric
'

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    1,020.9 KB · Views: 320
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    996.3 KB · Views: 223
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 228
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    964.4 KB · Views: 226
  • 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 207

Evan11

Royal Smart Person
Apr 17, 2009
Southern Indiana
Neat story. I like the car & the paint scheme you guys choose back in the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor