78 malibu turn signal issue

Baker7888

G-Body Guru
Dec 3, 2021
Maine
Hey guys. I did a bunch of work to my
78 malibu last winter and all was well. Now for some reason my turn signals arent working.

My question is, are the in-dash indicator bulbs required for the signals to work? In other words, if the bulb were to burn out, would the signal still work?

I had everything working great and now my signals dont work. My dash bulbs, sockets, circuit board, were not in great shape but i got everything working, by doing some cleaning, wiggling connectors, replacing bulbs, etc. My car came missing the signal lever and initially found the switch to be good but the lever “plastic socket” to be broken. Now everything’s back together, painted, cleaned, new steering wheel mounted…I guess I am finding it hard to believe that the switch in the column would just take a crap, but i do have a new one on hand. Was just wondering if anyone had some thoughts to share. Maybe I am overlooking something stupid. Fuse is good, exterior bulbs are good, hazards work. Switch plug on the column is good.

Last edited:

Baker7888

G-Body Guru
Dec 3, 2021
Maine
Just thought I’d update to close this out. It was the flasher. Realised this after I installed a new switch late last night and it still wasnt working ( face palm ) oh well, glad it’s working now.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor