79 GP w/factory moon roof...Rare?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chpbstrd1

Apprentice
Jan 23, 2009
I stopped and looked at a 1979 Grand Prix with a factory power moon roof.... is this rare or is this a somewhat common feature on the GP's. The car seems quite overpriced other than that. Any input is appreciated.

Blake442

Geezer
Apr 24, 2007
Minneapolis
Moonroof, sunroof, tomato, tomoto...

They are actually quite rare, and there are usually fewer sunroof cars than t-top cars.

The reason behind this is that t-tops were an $850 option, while the power sunroof was over $1100...

Munkey B

Greasemonkey
Jul 5, 2008
Detroit, michigan
i would think they are rare.
haven't seen many in any year.
my first and only other GP, an 87, had one.
i didn't know at time how uncommon they were or i would've kept it.
then again this was 16yrs ago. :cry:

chpbstrd1

Apprentice
Jan 23, 2009
This same car has chrome wire wheels.w/ Pontiac center caps on them(true wire wheels not hubcaps), does anybody know if these might be a factory option?

79gp455

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 14, 2007
I think their pretty rare as Ive only seen a handful on Ebay etc and they aren't making them anymore. Id like to have one to go with my T-top car.

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
chpbstrd1 said:
This same car has chrome wire wheels.w/ Pontiac center caps on them(true wire wheels not hubcaps), does anybody know if these might be a factory option?

79-Pont-11.jpg

Looks like it was only a G/A body option!

chpbstrd1

Apprentice
Jan 23, 2009
Thanks for the input, the asking price is more than I'm willing to go after with the amount of work involved. If I get over that way soon I will post some pics and description of the vehicle on the site here. Maybe someone else may be interested?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor