79 Malibu "2 door Sport Package" ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutlass3800

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 18, 2009
I just saw an ad on kijiji for a 79 Malibu with factory moon roof and "2 door sport package". That's the first I've ever heard of a Sport Package. Was one ever really offered and if so, what did the package upgrade?

Probably the F-41 package.

I would think the "sport package" consisted of the bucket seats/ console with floor shift and rally gauge pack.

Possibly heavier swaybar up front and rear swaybar...and F-41 springs.

Longroof79 said:
I would think the "sport package" consisted of the bucket seats/ console with floor shift and rally gauge pack.

Possibly heavier swaybar up front and rear swaybar...and F-41 springs.

That would make this a cool parts car if it wasn't a five hour drive from me. Moon roof = parts car in my book. 😀

It would be a good parts car. But if the body isn't in too bad a shape, it might be worth rejuvenating it and putting it back on the road.

The factory power sunroof (if that's what it is) is a rare option. I can't say I've ever seen one in person, but I do know a guy that has one and have seen it in the sales brochure.

Jack

The owner hasn't replied to my email. It's probably for the best... I need to make some progress fixing up the one I already have.

Actually all Malibu coupes of this time period were refered to as Sport Coupes by GM. There was the base sport coupe and the classic sport coupe with nicer deluxe seats and more exterior trim mainly. The power moonroof was a coupe only $529.00 option and I have only seen 2 in my life with it so it's indeed rare. Bucket seats, F41, 305 4BBL V8, 4 speed manual, guages and rally wheels were all seperate extra costs options and it's near impossible to find one of these cars equipped with all these things today.

HA, my dad picked up one of the ones you just quoted at a salvage car auction about 8 years ago. Has the 4 speed, 305 4BBL, factory buckets and factory tach, and if I remember dual exhaust (not real duals, they never made true duals). Also has the rally wheels. Picked it up for 450 bucks and all it needed was a new fender, hood and light since it was hit in the drivers front. Not even bad enough to bend the frame. Wish I had a pic of it, it's being stored at our farm til he gets more time to fix it. Needs a frame off now, as the rear rails are rotten.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor