79 Monte Carlo bumper trim

Status
Not open for further replies.

79LT1Monte

Apprentice
Nov 25, 2007
Moscow Mills, Missouri
Looking to finally get the body work done on my car and I am having a hard time finding the filler pieces for the bumpers that are not chrome. I have seen a few rides on here that have theirs painted body color and that is what I would like to do just not sure how to go about it. Are people ordering the chrome strips and then painting them or are there other options, filler, fiberglass, etc. Please let me know what you guys have or have seen done. Thanks

Picture of the rear bumper inserts

79LT1Monte

Apprentice
Nov 25, 2007
Moscow Mills, Missouri
TTT

I know there are a few guys on here with body color bumpers on their Monte's, any one want to share what they did our recommendations on how I should go about it?

Gearheadmike79

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 5, 2015
West Chazy ny
I also have a 79 Monte and when I paint it I'd like to fill the holes in the bumpers from the molding but Idk if it possible??
So I'd like to also see anyone else who did there's?

joe79carlo

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 6, 2010
I know guys have fiberglass end them and I thought of doing this too I just bought chrome strips rolls from auto zone and used them until I fiberglass mine

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 586

Gearheadmike79

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 5, 2015
West Chazy ny
I'm just worried about not filling the holes with the right stuff then having it end up braking or falling out or cracking after paint.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor