80 Malibu engine swap

Status
Not open for further replies.

80maroonbu

Not-quite-so-new-guy
trying to get my ducks in a row for a 3.8L to 350/th350 swap. i am wanting to know all that i can from you experts on what i will need to make this happen as painless as possible.
one thing i am cutious aboout. can i keep my original drive shaft? do i need a short or long tailshaft th350?
will block hugger headers work fine for the duel exsaust without any clearance issues?
can i use my th200 crossmember for the th350?
i know i will need motor mounts too, of course.
i know there is more i am forgetting. any other things those that have done this swap can tell me about, i will be very appreciative. i will be collecting the smaller of things between now and February. thats why i am wanting to get a list together and start buying.

thanks in advance guys. this site is a great wealth of knowledge for any G-body owner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor