83 el camino upgrade!

Status
Not open for further replies.

deathproof

Greasemonkey
May 2, 2009
saint louis
hey everybody, my daily driver is an 83 El Camino. im looking at a big job in the next month or two so ill have some money to put in it. im thinking about a hotchkis tvs kit and a quick ratio steering box. basically i want it to handle more like a new car without the time and effort of scrounging scrap yards. do you guys think id be wasting my money or would it get the results im looking for?
the car will probably never see a drag strip except from the parking lot.
i decided asking directly might be a little more straight forward than picking through the forums witch ive been doing for weeks now.
thanks guys

some new gears might in my future too, maybe 3.42s or something.

I don't have any experience with the aftermarket suspension stuff, but I can tell you that a nice set of shocks, a bigger sway bar up front, and adding one in the rear will go a long way.

All I can tell you is that I have the complete Edelbrock set up in the rear (Still need shocks and springs) and it made a lot of difference. Feels tighter, and no more wheel hop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor