86 Cutlass - Front Chrome Trim Missing ... options

Status
Not open for further replies.

Audio96

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 10, 2014
Appears my clips gave way and I lost the front chrome trim on the passenger side of my 86 Cutlass. Who knows where it's at. Been trying to find a replacement with no luck. Arrrrrgggggg

Question 1:
If I remove all of the trim, approximately how many holes in doors/fenders will have to be patched? I see there are 2 in the front fender. How many are in the rear, and are there any in the doors?

Question 2:
I REALLY like the trim look, but if I can't find a replacement what are my other options? Has anyone found an aftermarket chrome panel/trim that is pretty close in width to the original? Photos?

Question 3:
Is there another make and model of a GBody whose chrome trim might be pretty close in size of an 86 Cutlass?

Attachments

• 86 Cutlass Trim.jpg
    86 Cutlass Trim.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 1,993
  • Cutlass_1986_144.jpg
    Cutlass_1986_144.jpg
    195.2 KB · Views: 2,106

mr evil

Aug 4, 2009
Sooke, BC, Canada
There is a few holes and pins on each side of car for this trim.....
IMO, you should keep this on your car, because it looks good with it.
I'm sure somebody on the site here has a decent one they would part with.....I'll look to see if I have an extra...
I believe Gbodyparts has new replacement clips-I have also seen them attached with stainless hardware and finish washers through the face that I thought looked good, although not stock-that is how I'm doing mine when I put it back on, rather than rely on clips. I'll try to find a pic of that..

Edit/ps Nice car!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor