86 Monte SS, how to remove the front nose, bumper??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bubbahotep

n00b
Sep 14, 2011
nyc
First time poster, cant find this anywhere online

How do you remove the front nose of an 86 monte SS? Not the entire front clip (fenders and nose) but just the rubber nose itself?

Ive had this car since 1990 and I want to see if its possible to lift the center front of the nose about 1/8". I know its not much but Im having alignment issues with the hood and the body is original parts never removed. I also have an issue where the airbox under the nose has always left an upward dent on one top part of the nose and if I know how to remove the entire nose I can also understand how to adjust that area better.

If you open the hood, look at where the bumper meets the fenders there should be around 4 or 5 (can't remember) bolts going down each side. You might have to feel around to find them. Remove those then remove anything clips up top by the top airbox cover and then remove (I think) the screws that go from the fender extensions to the front bumper and should come off

I can get some pics for you tomorrow of where everything is at if you would like

Ive attached images (hope theyre not too big). The nose is perfect an the fenders and the height of the center of the nose is ok. What Im trying to do is pull the top center of the nose INWARD, towards the hood. That area is more than twice as far away from the hood and the 2 outer corners of the hood and its always been like that.

I think I see how the hood can be adjusted at the 2 corners but Im still lost with the center. OR, would that be adjusted with that long top metal that covers the top of the airbox and has the hole for the hood latch to drop into???

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor