87 GP... whats it worth?

Status
Not open for further replies.

heavy d

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 7, 2009
Northern Il.
I came across an 87 Grand Prix today, 87000 miles, 4.1 liter,fuel inject., air,cruise,tilt,locks.windows,bucket seats with counsole. Lite blue on top then dark blue on the bottom, its a hardtop w/out a vinyl top. Everything works, including the power antena,it even has the original spare in the trunk. It has no rust anywhere. What do you guys think its worth?

Sounds similar to the condition of my Cutlass, which I paid $3,200 for. GPs are few and far between in my neck of the woods.

Hopefully alot of $$$$ 😀 Jk i see alot more of Cutlass, Regal, and Montes compared to Grand Prix's. Offer what you think is reasonable and Good Luck! I have had a 81 Regal, 78,79,and 80 Monte Carlo's, a 79 and now my current 85 Grand Prix L.E. and seem to like the Grand Prix's the best.....But i could be biased seeing as my Pops got me into them! 😀

I would guess about $3500, give or take $500. It is a V6, which means it will be excruciatingly slow instead of just plain slow with a V8. Check for the normal rot too, including in the roof at the sides and the frame behind the rear wheel wells. Check for mildew smell, and damp carpets as that will indicate a need for new floors in the future. Also check for signs that leaves have been sitting in the cowl as that can indicate that they plugged up the fenders and rotted out the bottoms. Lastly, check the leading edge of the hood, the bottoms of the doors by the pinch welds, and the trunk lid bottom as well. Panels do exist for these cars, but they are getting harder to come by 22 years after the last G bodies were built. In fact, body and interior condition is far more important than mechanical things as cosmetics are far more expensive and time consuming to fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor