88 ss resto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 5, 2011
recently purchased 88 ss an started stripping it down, knew car needed quarter panel work before purchased, as i stripped it i discovered the windshield frame was rottom an was quickly done before, with a chunk of body fill size of my hand, wondering how i should go about this
normal_windshield_frame.jpg

MR442

G-Body Guru
Apr 1, 2010
Back woods Central PA
remove glass cut out rust make flat steel patch to if and weld in . About all you can do . Other than going in to donor cars and allot more panel replacement .

Good luck

Feb 5, 2011
i have no welder as my garage is complely made out of wood, so iam going to let a body shop take car of it, jus gonna strip car down to save cash

86-blk442

G-Body Guru
Dec 2, 2008
West Seneca, New York
You could always go the panel bond route if you didn't want to weld. Sometimes it works better than welding, and it doesn't rust from the back side like welds do sometimes.

st1nger

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 8, 2011
not that hard to do if you can find doner car and have a drill its a couple of hours and a propane touch have to remove windshied and take spotweld cutter to ttop panal on both cars de soilder frame about 8 inch from top of windshied whole piece lifts off and will set right back in place and is just spot welded back in same hole small mig/wire feed will do it and won't have to worry about leak same section under ttop repair

st1nger

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 8, 2011
not that hard to do if you can find doner car and have a drill its a couple of hours and a propane touch have to remove windshied and take spotweld cutter to ttop panal on both cars de soilder frame about 8 inch from top of windshied whole piece lifts off and will set right back in place and is just spot welded back in same hole small mig/wire feed will do it and won't have to worry about leak same section under ttop repair

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor