a couple of parked rides and rats/mice

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJLATIN

Apprentice
Mar 1, 2009
La Porte, TX
I have a question on what's the safest way of getting rid of rats/mice that decided to make home in my buick regal and tbird that I have had parked outside on the side of the house. I have three dogs and don't want to put rat poison due to them probably getting to it if a rat knocks it off the engine. My only other option that I know of (other than getting rid of the regal even though the t-bird is for sale) is to put that glue cardboard stuff. How effective is that crap? On a side note we live at a dead end with a field/pond next to it.

:itchy:

Dryer sheets.
Mice hate them smell of them. Ironic, since they love to wallow in their own piss and sh*t...

Grab a dozen or so of them and put them throughout the interior of the car.
A couple on the floor, a couple on the seats, a few in the trunk and a few under the hood.
Just don't put them on the dash board, it leaves a mess.

Maybe you need a cat?! :lol:

You could always build a bucket trap. They're simple and dog friendly. Get a 5 gallon bucket, drill two holes opposite of one another about two or three inches from the top of the bucket, get a random beer can (or soda can if you rather :lol: ) run a piece of round stock or rod dowel, what you have through the can length wise (like an axle shaft on a wheel), go all the way through and put assembly through the hole in the bucket. Fill the bucket about half way up with regular water, smear you favorite mouse bait on the can, and run a 2x4 up the bucket so it over hangs the can slightly (enough to where the mouse has to jump down onto the can). When they jump on the can, it will spin, dropping them into the water, then they drown. Don't use any toxins and your dogs will be safe. Just be sure to check it everyday so you don't have rotting mice in your car :rofl: , should fit on the front floor pans. I second blake, once you get rid of them, plaster your car with "good" dryer sheets to keep them away.

Blake442 said:
Dryer sheets.
Mice hate them smell of them. Ironic, since they love to wallow in their own piss and sh*t...

A couple on the floor, a couple on the seats, a few in the trunk and a few under the hood.

don't think they've made their way into the trunks or interiors since there is no rat sh*t. i'll drop some of those around the engines.

Oldsmoletick said:
You could always build a bucket trap. They're simple and dog friendly. Get a 5 gallon bucket, drill two holes opposite of one another about two or three inches from the top of the bucket, get a random beer can (or soda can if you rather :lol: ) run a piece of round stock or rod dowel, what you have through the can length wise (like an axle shaft on a wheel), go all the way through and put assembly through the hole in the bucket. Fill the bucket about half way up with regular water, smear you favorite mouse bait on the can, and run a 2x4 up the bucket so it over hangs the can slightly (enough to where the mouse has to jump down onto the can). When they jump on the can, it will spin, dropping them into the water, then they drown. Don't use any toxins and your dogs will be safe. Just be sure to check it everyday so you don't have rotting mice in your car :rofl: , should fit on the front floor pans. I second blake, once you get rid of them, plaster your car with "good" dryer sheets to keep them away.
just looked that up, tripped out but looks good.

DJLATIN said:
Blake442 said:
Dryer sheets.

don't think they've made their way into the trunks or interiors since there is no rat sh*t. i'll drop some of those around the engines.

That's good that they haven't made it into the car!!
The dryer sheets are still a good preventative measure against them crossing the line and going in.
And they make the car smell nice... :banana:

I spend all winter in my garage with a shotgun and a ton of beer. The downside is sometimes I don't get them before they get in my car. Blakes helped repair a lot of buckshot damage to my cars

I throw moth balls under car and sit some on engine fender wells where ever ..
At my garage I now used the plug in ,mice /bug deterents . Work great . Not even a spider
My 442 was store for years . I have slight Smell . They had a full sized stuffed horse and it got infested last year . None in car . I took interior out no eveidence .

Good luck on storage .

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor