A little help please

Status
Not open for further replies.

malibu78

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 7, 2011
So my Malibu has been fouling plugs, One plug had some build up on it, looked like it was growing something. the other two were just wet. Here's what I've done to the engine. I recently rebuilt the heads new valve seals, springs, cleaned the head resurfaced it,and new head gaskets. I do smell oil now and then but my valve covers are shotty and I'm in the process of building new ones. Now when I say been fouling this is the third time in the past month. My question is could this be something I did to the heads? or could my engine be on it's way out? after I replace the plugs it run's like a champ for awhile then starts to do weird things. I founds some nice heads for $30 on craigslist should I just go get them and change out the heads? or can I fix this on the cheap? any help is greatly appreciated

By what your describeing sounds like its time for a good engine rebuild rings are shot.

But what i guess would be more important did the car have this issue prior to you doing heads etc?

chevy2480 said:
By what your describeing sounds like its time for a good engine rebuild rings are shot.

But what i guess would be more important did the car have this issue prior to you doing heads etc?

Now that I think of it, I don't think it did, but it had so many other things going on that it may have. The engine only has 72,000 miles, but the guy who had it before me never changed the oil. when I got the car there were five lobes worn off the cam.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor