Ahhh, fresh Quadrajet :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

88Classic

Apprentice
Jan 9, 2011
Lansing, IL
Got my Quadrajet back from Custom Rebuilt Carbs today. They did a great job :)
1407bd24.jpg

6aab861b.jpg

e2d5f118.jpg

Had it converted to electric choke as well. Can't wait to slap it on the ole 307 and see how she feels!

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
I miss when mine was that clean! I had mine rebuilt, I got it back and slapped it on and it still runs fine without me ever having to adjust anything. Gotta love Quadrajunks!

lildhix

Master Mechanic
Jan 9, 2011
88Classic said:
Got my Quadrajet back from Custom Rebuilt Carbs today. They did a great job :)
1407bd24.jpg

6aab861b.jpg

e2d5f118.jpg

Had it converted to electric choke as well. Can't wait to slap it on the ole 307 and see how she feels!
i might want this done to mine how much was it and wat all u had done

88Classic

Apprentice
Jan 9, 2011
Lansing, IL
It ran me $265 plus shipping back. Completely dissassembled, gone thru and rebuilt..all pull offs replaced, all electrical parts replaced i.e tps,mcs,etc....cleaned up and wet flow tested. www.CustomRebuiltCarbs.com is their site.

88Classic

Apprentice
Jan 9, 2011
Lansing, IL
Well I threw it on the motor..and the car fired right up... seems to be running way rich tho...I got grey/blackish smoke from the exhaust at idle. Probably need to get it tuned/tweaked, unless thats something I can fix myself? Would tweaking the mixture screws help?

Also, anyone got a diagram or pics of all the vacuum lines and where they go exactly? I took a few pics before I pulled it apart and I'm pretty sure I got everything where its supposed to go but I just want to make sure. :)

DoubleV

Royal Smart Person
Feb 25, 2011
Medina Ohio
You need a dwell meter ( scanner or multi meter with dwell function ) and set the dwell properly. You need to set the TPS voltage to factory specs too. For a very rough guestimation if you don't have the proper tools to set dwell ( which you're going to need to get ) set the air bleed to about 4-5 turns out from all the way down and set the idle mixture screws to about 4 out from lightly seated.

snowmangaggift

Greasemonkey
Jun 18, 2011
Vancouver, BC Canada
88Classic said:
It ran me $265 plus shipping back. Completely dissassembled, gone thru and rebuilt..all pull offs replaced, all electrical parts replaced i.e tps,mcs,etc....cleaned up and wet flow tested. http://www.CustomRebuiltCarbs.com is their site.
holy cow man, the place im planning on going to charges 400 just for the strip down, clean and rebuild. Any replacment parts or elec. choke conv. is extra.

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
I've learned that the E-Q-jets can be adjusted with the idle mixture screws and the computer will learn to live with it. Don't forget, the factory adjusted the carb on the car with special equipment and computers for best emissions and the chance of the rebuilder getting it right without it running on YOUR car is slim. Grab your equipment, vacuum gauge, dwell meter, Snap-On scanner, etc, and get it how YOU like it. The computer will adjust. And WOW you sure got your money's worth!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor