Airs not working.

Status
Not open for further replies.

STLRegal

G-Body Guru
Jun 22, 2007
St.Louis
My regals air is not working. It does not blow anything, heat or A/C. When I flip the switch, the clutch on the compressor engages, and you can here a extremly faint wine. So far I have only come up with 2 possibilities, one being a bad switch and the other being the blower. Checked the fuses and they were good.

this happens to my car sometimes as well. my problem was the contacts on the heater box were kind of crusty, so i cleaned them with a little sandpaper, plugged them back in and havent had a problem since. good luck, hope that helps.

Dose it work in the high position fan speed position? If it only works there the fan relay is bad. This is not the fan resistor which has a gray plug and is bolted into the box. What I would do is take a test light and back trace the whole system. Turn it on and see if there is power at the purple wire on the fan motor first. If it is and the motor does not turn, then the motor is bad. Go on down the list until you find power and the item that has power but does not transmit it is going to be your culprit.

Well, me and my dad fooled around with it today, and we noticed the blower motor was getting really hot, took it off and it was pretty corroded, so changed that but still doesnt work. Ill take it over to the guy I know who knows more about it, and has better tools.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor