AN fitting to sending unit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomeal

G-Body Guru
Apr 17, 2016
Clyde,pa
Started searching, but getting buried by irrelevant threads. Thought it might be easier to do a new thread.

I want to be able to run AN fitting and line to my sending unit. I'm wondering what others have done and what options are there? I think I remember someone saying they found a threaded adapter to go to AN. I think also someone else might have cut the fitting off and flared the line for AN.

Pic of my sending unit for reference:

IMG_20221027_185010669.jpg

Either way, what ideas do you have?

UC645

Royal Smart Person
Apr 20, 2020
Kittanning, Pa
You could try to use AN compression fittings like these:

However, I’m not sure of their legality for racing, nor how leak proof they are. I was going to use these for trans cooler lines, but went with hose. You’ll have to destroy your sending unit for these though.
Could always use very short rubber hoses and AN hose barbs to give yourself options.

If you’re really serious, there’s RobbMc Performance:

However, the site was last copyrighted in 2020, call them first.

Reactions: 1 users

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
I took my sending unit to a local hose/fitting shop and Im pretty sure they silver soldered the AN fitting to the tube.

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
I'm running that tube adaptor from earl's w/o an issue on my fuel line.

Reactions: 3 users

stew86MCSS396

Greasemonkey
Aug 1, 2022
(808)
I can't remember if the size is 16mm x 1.5, but here's your search terms...
female+saginaw+adapter+to+AN
You can probably omit the "+" signs.

Tomeal

G-Body Guru
Apr 17, 2016
Clyde,pa
I'm running that tube adaptor from earl's w/o an issue on my fuel line.
Man I should have looked on Holley's site sooner. You mean a fitting like this right?

I can't remember if the size is 16mm x 1.5, but here's your search terms...
female+saginaw+adapter+to+AN
You can probably omit the "+" signs.
I see two sizes listed, just have to verify my size and looks like the way to go

Also looking quick this morning, I see they also have some quick connect fittings for the fuel rail side. I dig into that more tonight after work.

Reactions: 1 user

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
Man I should have looked on Holley's site sooner. You mean a fitting like this right?

I see two sizes listed, just have to verify my size and looks like the way to go

Also looking quick this morning, I see they also have some quick connect fittings for the fuel rail side. I dig into that more tonight after work.
no but i like that fitting you found,nice job-it's plug and play.i'm using a standard tube adaptor.

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor