Any aquarist's out there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phoenyx

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
Alberta, Canada
Any of you into aquariums? The lights quit working on my 70gal 'Light-Glo' tank. I'm pretty sure it's not the bulbs, since they both went out at the same time. Any of you know how to fix these things? I know nothing about fluorescent lighting lol.

Fluorescent bulbs contain a gas that doesn't exactly ignite, but fluoresces to produce light. I don't know what it is called because it just escapes me at the moment, but there is a little metal cylinder near the bulb that will pull out like a relay. That device will ping in a pulse to ignite the bulb. If yours doesn't, replace it.

Its called a starter... they are like 299 at home hardware... bring your old one to compare... i had to replace mine 2 weeks ago..

there is also a ballast in the lid somewhere... doubtful it would go but possile... also check connections at the light and starter... moisture is gard on them.

i have 2 55gal's... and im working on a 6'x3'x3' next..

Takin' it to a buddys to check it tomorrow. I hope the bulbs are still good. They're $35 a piece.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor