BBC IN A 88 CUTLASS HELP NEEDED

Status
Not open for further replies.

MOSTWANTED

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 4, 2011
Hi guys, this is my first post and this may have been beaten around for years on this site but here it goes. I got my hands on a nice built strret BBC and I would like to know what headers to use in a 88 cutlass g-body and motor mounts to use ,also I will be running a turbo 350 trans and info on the trans cross member will be needed . Any and all info is fine.

84dragcutlass

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2009
North Vernon IN
Standard chevy frame mounts like those out of a monte carlo will work, as well as the stock small block clamshells, oldsmobile mounts will not work as they sit back farther on the frame and the engine block mount is different also or you could go with solid motor mounts and keep that power bolted down a little better. There are a lot of headers that are designed to bolt right in. I think jegs might have them listed or possibly summit. As for a crossmember nothing really special there just go with a double hump crossmember designed to bolt to a 350 trans. If you see that a company says for example "fits regal, monte carlo, grand prix, and cutlass (except supreme)" ive seen that a lot and have had no trouble putting anything in my supremes that a regal or anything else would fit

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor