Being Loud

Status
Not open for further replies.

87GrandPrix

Greasemonkey
Apr 7, 2009
Michigan
Man Ive been driving my moms truck for a while because my car is across state, my uncle is replacing the rear frame rail. Anyways my moms truck is a 1997 Chevy Silverado 1500, 5.7L 350 Vortec Ext. Cab short box. Its true dual straight pipes but it has 2 catylatic converters. Anyways it has a nice low idle, but 2nd gear it tends to be earth shattering loud. So when leaving the parking lot at work today I stepped on it and of course there was a cop at the intersection coming towards me, luckily he must of been impressed because he didn't pull me over (haha) and then I drove around for a bit and I saw another one parked right after a stop sign, so I had to let off the gas and go 15 in a 25. If I get pulled over for noise I will be pissed because my parents will yell at me assuming im showing off the truck when I know better then to let it get out of hand.

Another story would be me pulling over to the side of the street infront of some guys house (co-incidence) so I could plug my Ipod in, I sat for a second trying to find a good song, and the guy comes out of his house and says "Get that loud as truck off my yard *******!" I told him to go to hell and flipped him off, I then took off and kicked stones all over his mailbox.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor