Body Bushing Bolts - #6 Location

onebad86SS

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 14, 2017
Lancaster, Pa
So this weekend I was removing the hardware to swap body bushings. #6 position, the captured nut seems to be spinning in place. What's the best way to get these loose? Cut a small access hole in the trunk above them? Didn't want to go too crazy but wanted to see what others have done. Thanks!

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
That's about the best way to do it. Attack from above.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

86 Salon

Apprentice
Mar 14, 2021
So this weekend I was removing the hardware to swap body bushings. #6 position, the captured nut seems to be spinning in place. What's the best way to get these loose? Cut a small access hole in the trunk above them? Didn't want to go too crazy but wanted to see what others have done. Thanks!
If you access it from above, use a cut off wheel and only cut three sides of a square and bend up the floor.. That way it will be easier to position the floor piece back into the correct position before welding or sealing.

Reactions: 1 users

onebad86SS

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 14, 2017
Lancaster, Pa
If you access it from above, use a cut off wheel and only cut three sides of a square and bend up the floor.. That way it will be easier to position the floor piece back into the correct position before welding or sealing.
excellent idea, i appreciate that!

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor