Bought mike monte's refurbed bucket seats

L05edSS

Greasemonkey
Nov 29, 2022
ok let me just state it out loud and upfront. they are hard & uncomfortable. NOW a few things, i bugged him bout my need for seats goin back to sept. OH DID HE COME THRU! just wanna note 1st there are no upholsteries in my area. reason needed seats, i live with pops & for whatever reason he gettin stabbed in the @$$ and this why spent 1300ish on refurbs. the other part of the equation is i'm a aging cripple. broke my neck @ 16 and now 48 so.... i aint as good as i once was, i got a few years on me now but back in my prime didnt have pains goin up my spine while drivin down 165
.... i know cliche', orig seats were better than any couch or lazy boy, these hurt in my case.

and just for F....

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
So, are you happy with them or do you hate them ? LOL
I had the seats redone in both of my cars and the buckets in the 81 are a lot more firm than the bench in the wagon. I bought new seat buns through the upholstery shop. Its gonna take a while for my butt to get used to them. Im in the same situation as you. I'll be 70 in a couple of months. Ive got 2 bad discs in my lumbar, 1 in the thoracic and 4 in my neck. The only good thing about having all those is I got a gimp permit so I can park close to the stores. LOL
Lets see some pictures of the seats !!!!!

Reactions: 2 users

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
OEM seat buns/pads were softer than the new ones of today. They were less dense in most cases. Also, some had denser cores, but wrapped in much softer outer layer of foam as well, which I don't think they do that any longer. Meaning OEM seats were usually more comfortable. Flip side is that the firmness of the newer foam should hold up and look better for longer. I know that's not much of a consolation, but it's more of a trade-off which may or not be beneficial to your own situation.

Reactions: 3 users

L05edSS

Greasemonkey
Nov 29, 2022
yeah not sure what i'm gonna do yet but i dont see how i can stick with this as is. i did hang on to the old driver seat driver seat in case have to drive a distance to a upholder shop. they look great for sure and got served well. i dont have a camera but i got a ton of pics that need to be taken after all done to it since been painted. thanks for replies good to know not just me.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor