Brake setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

85montess

Greasemonkey
Oct 20, 2007
CT
The time has come to change my brakes. So in lieu of doing everything right when something needs to be fixed, I figured I might as well go big. What kind of brake setups are people running on their cars? Is it worth it to get a bigger setup or to just get a pair of slotted rotors and what not?

78MC-BBC

Master Mechanic
Jan 29, 2008
well it depends on what you want to do with your car. for me the stock brakes were not even close to cutting it, then again im running a big block and have no where close to having enough vacuum to run brakes with. So i upgraded to hydroboost powered brakes and also upgraded to C5 vette 13" front brakes, which lead me to upgrade to 17" wheels. Upgrading your brakes can be expensive plus its usually a domino affect. for a nice cruiser car i would upgrade to the blazer dual piston setup with some good slotted rotors and good pads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor