BUMPER

Status
Not open for further replies.

LOWBLAZERO1

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 31, 2007
KANSAS CITY, MO
FIRST OF ALL I WANT TO SAY THANKS TO THE MODS FOR ADDING THIS SECTION

BUT TO MY QUESTION ANT BODY KNOW IF A 4 DOOR REAR BUMPER WILL BOLT ONTO A WAGON? I AM LOOKING AT AN 82 MALIBU WAGON, AND I WANT TO GET RID OF THE STOCK TAIL LIGHTS, BUT I DONT WANT TO DO A ROLL PAN EITHER, ANY IMPUT WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.

R/T kota

Master Mechanic
Apr 29, 2007
Hamilton Ontario
Not sure if it will work myself but just out of curiosity, where do you plan on putting the tail lights?
I`ve been looking at getting a wagon but I hate where the tail lights are and thought of a few ideas for them.

LOWBLAZERO1

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 31, 2007
KANSAS CITY, MO
R/T kota said:
Not sure if it will work myself but just out of curiosity, where do you plan on putting the tail lights?
I`ve been looking at getting a wagon but I hate where the tail lights are and thought of a few ideas for them.

I WAS THINKING PUT AN LED STRIP BETWEEN THE BUMPER AND TAILGATE.

ryanelco

Apprentice
May 9, 2007
i would try a roll pan with out any cutouts for lights, and take the tail lights out of a 90's deville and have them flush mounted on either side of the tailgate. saw it on an el camino once and it looked pretty sick.

LOWBLAZERO1

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 31, 2007
KANSAS CITY, MO
ryanelco said:
i would try a roll pan with out any cutouts for lights, and take the tail lights out of a 90's deville and have them flush mounted on either side of the tailgate. saw it on an el camino once and it looked pretty sick.

THOUGHT ABOUT A ROLL PAN, BUT I DONT REALLY LIKE THEM. BESIDES THAT HAS BEEN DONE TO DEATH, I WANT TO TRY SOMETHING A LITTLE DIFFERENT.

Uncletruck

Master Mechanic
Apr 22, 2007
Erie, PA
That idea with the DeVille tail lights sounds good- I'm always paranoid when driving my wagon, as the lights are so low and in the bumper, a lot of people, especially tailgaters, don't see them. And there is no easy way to mount a center tail light with the hatch glass. Just a thing to be aware of when driving a wagon or elky, watch out behind you.

-UT-

kevinrocks

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 29, 2007
Louisville, KY
Uncletruck said:
That idea with the DeVille tail lights sounds good- I'm always paranoid when driving my wagon, as the lights are so low and in the bumper, a lot of people, especially tailgaters, don't see them. And there is no easy way to mount a center tail light with the hatch glass. Just a thing to be aware of when driving a wagon or elky, watch out behind you.

-UT-

This is the only reason I like for my car to smoke. People back way off so then they can see my tail lights. LOL.

rustyroger

G-Body Guru
Mar 14, 2007
Margate, UK>
rear lights

Try putting hi-level lights on the deflector, I put land rover ones on mine after some idiot rear ended me in Belgium.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor