Cable Trunk Release?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kustomss

Greasemonkey
Feb 20, 2010
I always thought it would be nice to be able to open the trunk by pulling a cable like the hood. Has anyone ever done this or have any idea how to do this?

supkylesup

Master Mechanic
Mar 7, 2010
Toledo, OH
Just find yourself an electric trunk popper and install it I got one and it's very simple bolts right in just get a button and some wires.

454muscle

Royal Smart Person
Jan 31, 2010
Ontario, Canada eh!
Exactly. You should be able to source one easily. Then it's just one wire hookup, the ground is when you bolt it to the underside of the hood.

Look, I found one here cheap. Even comes with the push button to release it.
!B5slHlgB2k~$(KGrHqUOKi8EyuFhS3YQBMuuJi9Bzg~~_1.JPG

Ebay Link:
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/78-88-G-body-tru ... 1c1e088926

kustomss

Greasemonkey
Feb 20, 2010
That would work, but I wanted to go with a cable for the simplicity.

454muscle

Royal Smart Person
Jan 31, 2010
Ontario, Canada eh!
If strictly going by simplicity, this is simplest bro.
1. It will bolt to your trunk in the factory location
2. it automatically grounds itself when you bolt it up
3. one power wire will trigger it to release -- which you route to your switch whereever you wanna mount it, usually in the top area of the glove box (or wherever you want, hidden, for security reasons).

If you want a cable for some other reason, you can get a hood release cable, or, a choke cable. You'll need a relatively long one, and you will have to route that cable under the trunk and through the side of the back seat and make sure there's no kinks in it and then find a solid mounting position where you can pull the release latch. But why? Seems like so much extra work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor