caddy engine

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's an 81 i believe Regal around the London arear that someone stuffed a 500 caddy into. I think one of my old buddys friends bought it 2 years ago I havent seen it since. It will be around belmont or stthomas if he bouht it. The guy that was selling it was disapointed be cause he couldn't get the tires to hook up of the line. said theyd smoke half the quarter mile. It was a sleeper, green paint that had seen better days, hubcaps, bench seat colomn shift. It had duals but 1 dumped by the axle so you never saw it.

I messed up so bad. This lady I work with had a '75 Eldorado that she was basically going to give to me. But it was all moldy and at the time I was looking for a restoration car. I could've yanked that 8.2 out and waled all over everything. For next to nothing. lol.

*smacks self in head*

I have a 472 Caddy in my 70 Camaro. The swap would be very similiar for the G-Body, Actually it should be easier. I think you can buy headers and pre-made engine mounts for the swap. My Camaro was pretty easy, I did it 16 years ago. If you have any questions, I will try to help you out.

Anyone remember years ago in HotRod they took a ratty G-Body Camino and poked in a stock 500 Cad?? I read that article daily and is the reason I have a Camino today.

I remember that article, from what I remember they were merely reporting someone else doing the swap. I can also remember them straping sandbags to the tailgate to get some traction.

I also remember Hot Rod putting a 500 caddy in a chevette, man that chevette would have been fun to drive.

Yeah. tailgate down, bag of cement strapped to the open tailgate, slicks on IROC wheels?? That thing spoke to me huge.

that chevette is still owned by hrm employee. its sitting in his backyard under atarp. he cant license it it cali. because of smog laws, and cant race it because it doesn't have a true firewall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor