Can 95 Bonneville seats fit in a 78 Malibu?

Status
Not open for further replies.

78FLMalibu

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 15, 2010
Montverde, FL
I have always heard that the most comfortable seats ever put in a GM vehicle were in the newer style 95-99 FWD Bonnevilles. I saw a set in the yard today, and sat in one. It is a nice seat. It looks like it MAY fit, but I'm not sure. My Malibu has the front bucket seats, and the center console, and I was just wondering if anyone else has ever installed these seats in their G body.

I would like to hear thoughts, I really would like comfort if possible, as this car may become my daily driver.

Shawn

crash

Master Mechanic
Feb 14, 2010
Sanford, Michigan
Not sure about if they would fit, but I do know the exact seats you are looking for. They are option code AL7 seats out of the '92 - '99 Bonneville SSE, SLE, and SSEi. They are a 9 way power adjustable seat and are literally like sitting in heaven, very popular swap for the '94 - '96 Impala and the mid '90s Caprice. To make everything work right, you will need BOTH front seats (not that I think you would swap just on in, just saying), as well as the switch panel in the center console, all associated wiring, and the air lines that run from the passenger seat to the drivers seat (the three lumbar supports are moved by an air compressor attached to the bottom of the passenger seat)

clean8485

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 18, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Crash, do you know of anyone who has swapped the SSEi seats into a G body? I'd be interested in seeing any photos, or installation instructions for this conversion.

crash

Master Mechanic
Feb 14, 2010
Sanford, Michigan
clean8485 said:
Crash, do you know of anyone who has swapped the SSEi seats into a G body? I'd be interested in seeing any photos, or installation instructions for this conversion.

Nope, would be interesting to see though. I would think if there is enough room side to side it could be done, though it would likely take some custom seat brackets.

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
I used 95' LeSabre 6-way power seat bases in my Bonnewagon. I had to fab up some brackets to mount them, the rear were the worst, the front bolted right in. On top of them I used 95' Firebird seats, screwed right on, very supportive and comfortable, and they fold. The switch I hid in my Firebird console, in the map pocket.

crash

Master Mechanic
Feb 14, 2010
Sanford, Michigan
Blake442 said:
They are comfy seats, but it's going to suck not being able to get into the back since they don't fold forward...

Very good point, and something we all overlooked. This swap would basically be useless to anyone that would even want to consider having any use of the back seats :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor