Can I Fit??

Status
Not open for further replies.
those tires would look really bulgy in the middle. on the same topic though, I wonder if you need mini tubs to run 10" slicks on 15" rims

To Mr. Olds, I say that sounds good. I am not sure if the shape of the quarter of the Olds would positively or negatively change the amount of space in there, but I have 275/60 15 on a CUSTOM 15x8 and they look marvelous. The wheel is engineered is such a way that that rim is centered in the wheel well, and it just barely fits in there.

Mr. Banana, you CAN put a 15x10 NEAR the wheel well, but there would need to be tubbing and frame mods to get it UNDER the car.

And last but not least, Mr. 20s. A 255 should fit in there, but what is the height of your tire?? That and the ride height of the car will determine if you will tuck your 20s appropriately.

heres a pic of my 81 camino with 275/60/15's on 10" CENTERLINE BILLET TELSTARS and an 8.5 rear that is 3" WIDER than stock.

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/4/web/448000-448999/448975_197_full.jpg

heres a side pic of the same rims and tires

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/4/web/448000-448999/448975_199_full.jpg

not that it helps much, but heres an underside pic with the same rims/tires and the fact. size 7.5"

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/4/web/448000-448999/448975_198_full.jpg

the tires i race with are 28x10.5x15" SPORTSMAN PRO's on the same 15x10 BILLET TELSTARS (i have four and theres no way they will fit on the front so i have race and non race rear tires lol)

the rear end would squat and rub before i put the no hop bars air bag and heavy duty air cond. wagon rear springs in
i hope this helps you guys.

What 8.5" 10-bolt rear axle assembly do you have? You say that itis 3" wider than the 7.5" 10-bolt but all G-Body rear axle assemblys, even the 8.5" were the same width.

i have a 87 cutlass with 275/60/15s on 15x8 weld wheels

cars005.jpg

cars003.jpg

Reactions: Kratos
I ran cragar s/s 15x8 on the rear with 295/50's. the y rubbed the frame until i put a 7/16 spacer behind them. they dont tuck though. they look like 1eyes. just wider then the fender lip. I never got stuck in the winter though. 10" of tread woulkd get me through driveways that my buddies plow would get stuck in.

i am pretty sure that it is out of a caprice, or older 73-77 chevelle. it may even be out of an A body, i never measured them to compare. i got it from my buddy who sold his camino and he got it out of a mini tubbed malibu he bought a while back. the spring perches and lower control arm brackets have been moved. other than that, the rear is original. i had to take the factory sway bar off so that the lower arms would spread wide enough to bolt to the axle. for now i am going to get a sway bar from whatever ithe rear is out of and put one in my car.
i am hoping to pull the tubes this winter and cut them down to fact size. then i will have a G body 8.5 .

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor