CANCER!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pimplogic

Master Mechanic
Dec 25, 2009
Today when taking out my back seats i found the scourge of the G body, CANCER or rust a hole about the size of my hand
p_00164.jpg
, it even goes up the fender!!
p_00162.jpg
thankfully its the only spot with the stuff. but scary.

Ewwwww I'm OCD when it comes to cancer or ever just surface rust. That sucks but fixable with some good sheet metal work. Just don't throw fiberglass over it and think it's a fix.

Re: BIG surprise!!!

i had that damn vinyl top on and we patched the rust under that but i guess it came thru...

Have you pulled all the carpet up yet? If it's that bad there you likely have more hiding somewhare.

Time to cut it out and start welding in patch panels. Looks like the seam between the inner wheel well and body isn't in the greatest shape either.

lol if only i had a welder, i love weldin stuff

Well its time to get one!

its time to get a JOB lolo, harbor freight has a welder for 89.99 flux wire arc welder. i also gotta get a ac delete panel cuz i just smashed the ac box to smithereens with my trusty city worker tool

Do yourself a favor and save for a brand name Lincoln or Miller welder MIG welder. A flux wire arc welder is not for sheet metal. You'll do nothing but blow holes in the metal.
For sheet metal you really need a MIG welder with a CO2/Argon mix.

hm... we use MIG welders at school.

Buying a welder, is cheaper than hiring one!

Dont get down on yourself... your car can and will be a cancer survivor!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor