Car Shipping???

Status
Not open for further replies.

MonteMan1987

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 24, 2007
Hudson MA
Does anyone know a good car shipping company? My buddy had a car of his shipped from MA to CA and it got there with almost 30 extra miles on. So I am a little nervous about someone joyriding in my car. If anyone has had any experience with a good company or knows a good way to go about this please let me know, thanks

PAY THE EXTRA MONEY TO GET ONE THAT KEEPS THE CAR ON THE SAME TRAILER THE WHOLE TIME!!!
i shipped mine from san diego to boston, and it switched trailers in memphis. when it got to boston, one of the exhaust pipes was on the ground from when it bottomed out on an attempted trailer load. it's worth the extra money. believe me.

yourownself said:
PAY THE EXTRA MONEY TO GET ONE THAT KEEPS THE CAR ON THE SAME TRAILER THE WHOLE TIME!!!
i shipped mine from san diego to boston, and it switched trailers in memphis. when it got to boston, one of the exhaust pipes was on the ground from when it bottomed out on an attempted trailer load. it's worth the extra money. believe me.

Alright thanks for the advice. Thats what im scared of, i dont want the car being moved on and off the trailer and getting damaged. I was thinking that maybe i could tell them that it cant be driven far or at all, that way they dont move it or take it out for a joyride.

Moving the car on and off of the carrier sometimes several times is something that simply can't be avoided.

Have you ever driven past an empty parking lot that had a car carrier unloading all of its cars? They do this frequently to shuffle cars around for which ones are being dropped off where. Those trucks drive all over the country to different places picking up and dropping off cars along the way. They pick one up, it blocks the two cars the have to deliver at the next stop. This is why almost all companies only want cars that run and drive, and will charge up to double the regular rate for a car that is not running.

I would agree with the making sure that it stays on the same truck. If the car needs to switch transports, they might even drive it to the other truck nearby if the two can't meet directly. I wouldn't be suprised if that's where your friends extra 30 miles came from.

My 442 was shipped from connecticut to minnesota when I bought it and wasn't damaged at all, and it was loaded and unloaded several times. The biggest thing is making sure your car isn't vulnerable to damage in any ways that could concieveably be avoided, i.e. car is really low, does exhaust hang low, etc...

It's been over seven years now since my car was shipped, and I hate to say that I have no recollection of what company it was that shipped my car, so I can't pass on a good endorsement...

when i did the research to have mine shipped, there were a few companies who offered a port to port truck with about 4 or 5 cars on it, and they were all cars going from san diego to boston, or seattle, or tampa. it was about twice the price, but i wish i had paid it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor