Carb dyno tuning

Coltrane

Apprentice
Jul 6, 2020
Hey everyone! Later this year I will hopefully have my new (old) motor in my Monte, and I would love to find somewhere to put it on the dyno and get the carb dialed in. About a dozen years ago I had my other car on the dyno at a place right near Atco Raceway and they did a great job getting the idle, part throttle, and WOT sorted out (not sure this place is still there). The engine is a 355 sbc with a Holley 750dp, and I know some people say to just read the plugs, but I'd feel much better having it on the dyno with the exact afr being read and adjusted by them.

I'm located in New Jersey but I'll travel a bit to find a shop to do this! I know most places don't work on these types of motors anymore, but there has to be somewhere here in the northeast. Thanks in advance!

Coltrane

Apprentice
Jul 6, 2020
Why not buy a wideband and set it up yourself?
I thought about it (and I've done that before) but I know there are people who can REALLY dial the tune in (everything with the carb combined with timing, etc.) so I trust them more than myself, haha. Also, I want to see exactly where it's making peak hp and tq (for shifting and gearing purposes), so running it on a street at 120mph+ isn't something I want to do.

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
I thought about it (and I've done that before) but I know there are people who can REALLY dial the tune in (everything with the carb combined with timing, etc.) so I trust them more than myself, haha. Also, I want to see exactly where it's making peak hp and tq (for shifting and gearing purposes), so running it on a street at 120mph+ isn't something I want to do.

They're only gonna give you WOT stuff dialed in. Drivability, cruise, idle, fuel economy is still on you. Better to observe what they give you for WOT so you can keep that while you chip away at the rest.

bracketchev1221

Royal Smart Person
Jan 18, 2018
Nickerson Performance was really good at that stuff. I haven't run at Atco in many years, but I think Dean and his son are still in business. they are just in pa in Bristol.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor